Monday 15 March 2010

Firefox 3.6 issues & How to Fix.

When I first upgraded to Firefox 3.6, I was largely disappointed at the fact I couldn’t install new add-on’s nor could I remove any. Also every time I opened Firefox the Add-on’s Window would load up as if there is an add-on that needs updating, but when it did there was nothing there. Aside from that I also had slowdown issues with the software it’s self, and it really annoyed me to the point of where I switched back to Google Chrome.
Capture
(Google Chrome running under Windows Vista)

So how do I fix this issue with Firefox?
Well that is actually quite easy, for those that don’t know how to uninstall it. First you need to go to Control panel, and then add/remove programs.
If your running Vista click on the start menu button, and then click on “Control panel”.
Untitled-1
You should then get the below window.
Capture
Click on uninstall a program (it is in the “programs section)
Now when the next Window opens scroll down to find “Mozilla FireFox” and then click on the uninstall button at the top. (See the image below)
Untitled-2
After you have clicked on uninstall, follow the in screen prompts and then you should have uninstalled it.
All you have to do now is re-download and install FireFox again, when installing Firefox make sure you follow the on screen prompts.
That is about it for this blog tutorial, keep in mind that this guide was intended for less technically minded people. So I don’t need to see comments such as “everyone already knows this”.

No comments:

Post a Comment