Monday 8 March 2010

Portal 2 coming to Mac? What about the Windows version?

Portal 1 was amazing and I had high hopes for portal 2. It seems Valve are releasing steam for Mac OSX very soon.

Whether or not portal 2 will be a mac only game or whether it will be cross platform remains to be seen. Knowing Valve they will probably make it cross platform, as Valve have nether let the comunity down, and not once have they made a "bad" game.

In the past Mac OSX users had to make a bootcamp parition and then install Windows to play Valve/Steam games. Not any more.

Also will this mean that all currently exisitng games will be cross platform?

In my opinion I doubt it, it's the same case with the PS3 Vs Xbox deal, MAC OSX is harder to code games for, and having to re-code all the games on steam already will be a challenge. I think there will be a new line of games for the Mac OSX, like I said before I hope Valve manage to make the newer games (including Portal 2) cross platform so that everyone can enjoy it.

Also does this mean we might be seeing more cross platform Multiplayer games as well?
I think it's possible, it's already been done with games such as Universe at war and GTA IV on PC, you can play against people who have the Xbox version of the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment