Saturday 3 April 2010

Final Thought – iPad

I know that no one can shut up about the iPad and I get that. However I feel that I should give my opinion on the new device, and why I won’t be getting one.

 

First of all I have a Desktop PC and a Netbook, which are great assets to have on you. As Steve Jobs said, the iPad will not be able to match a netbook in terms of performance. I also have an iPod Touch, which is great for looking at my E-mails in a glance. So long story short I don’t need an iPad and I will not be wasting £500+ on one when I can save that money for better things …. such as a holiday for example.

 

So, why might you want to get one. The iPad is designed for those who prefer to sit at home and just quickly check their E-mail or read a book, to be honest though, the iPod touch can already read E-books so I don’t know why it’s being sold as an E-nook reader. It can also be used for students to read text books on their subject of study.

So overall, if your not a heavy reader, and/or have a netbook then you should save your money for a better time. The thing is don’t rush out to buy an iPad as knowing Apple they will release too many different generations of the iPad, and then you will realise that you wasted £500+ of your hard earned money on it.

I don’t hate the iPad, but I won’t be getting one.

ipad_highres

1 comment:

  1. Because you can't afford it, the government has cut your benefits.

    ReplyDelete